Submit Possible PASSAGES Messages

It’s gratifying how often people tell us, “Your cards say just what I would if I could.” And that’s the challenge, too! On our Passages cards, we will publish only messages that sound authentic — just as natural, conversational and personable as can be. So, as a writer, the trick here will be to submit only things you would actually say. :)

To get your juices flowing, we’ve created a set of occasion-specific card-writing prompts that you’ll access via the button below. In our experience, the best way to approach each is to call to mind someone to whom you might actually send a card acknowledging that occasion, and type exactly what you’d pen in a blank note to that person. If you don’t connect with some of the occasions, feel free to skip over it. When you come to the end of the form — before hitting SUBMIT — we advise you to quick go back through and read what you’ve written aloud, asking yourself, “Can I hear this coming out of my mouth?” When re-reading our own messages aloud, we remind ourselves, “If it sounds trite to our own ears, it probably is!” And, if so, out it goes.

While you’re likely here more for the love of writing than the money, we will want to pay you the industry standard $50 for each message published. If/when we find an image that lives up to one of your messages, we will email you the proposed design and ask how you’d like your name to appear on the card back, as well as the name of someone you might like to dedicate the card to. :)  In that same email, we’ll ask you to submit an invoice for the rights to publish your words. Woohoo, you’re a Contributing Cardie!

We sincerely appreciate your interest in collaborating with us. Feel free to submit again and again as the spirit moves you. As our Contributing Cardies will tell you, sometimes it takes months or even years for us to find the right image for a great message. In any case, enjoy your Cardthartic Experience.